Thursday 3 April 2014

CAMINO DE SANTIAGO

This March I went to the Camino de Santiago with my class, my religion teacher Marisa and my history teacher Diego. We were walking five days (from 21st to 25th March) and we traveled  about 70 km.
Our route was as follows:
-The first day went from Palas de Rei to Melide.
-The second day we went from Melide to Arzúa.
-The third day we went to O Pedrouzo from Arzúa.
-The fourth day we went from O Pedrouzo to Monte do Gozo.
-The fifth day we arrived in Santiago, although the previous day we had already been there in the afternoon but we had not been walking but rather by bus.
In addition, we had a schedule, which is as follows:
-7:00: Wake up.
-7:00-7:45: Breakfast.
-8:00: Start to walk.
-11:00-11:45: Stop walking and eat a sandwich.
-12:00: Star to walk.
-14:00-14:45: Arrive to hostel and have a shower.
-15:00: Lunch.
-16:00-18:30: Free time.
-18:30-20:00: Walk around the village.
-20:00-21:00: Dinner.
-22.00: Go to sleep.
I decided to go to the Camino de Santiago because it was a unique opportunity to visit a little Galicia and to see the Santiago's Cathedral. Santiago de Compostela is a beautiful city that I recommend to visit:








 Also, there have been lots of laughs and fun along the way:






Also Sandra and I met two English gentlemen with whom we had a little conversation:

This is the conversation:
I said: Hi my name is Cristina and she’s Sandra
Sandra said: Hi, we are english students at Jaime Gil de Biedma School in a village called Nava de la Asunción in Segovia. Could we ask you a few questions for a English project?
They said: Yes, no problem.
 I said: Thank you. What are your names?
John said: I'm John.
Tom said: I'm Tom.
Sandra said: Where are you from?
They said: We're from York.
We said: Ouh yes, Our teacher told us where it is.  Which languages can you speak?
John said: I spoke Portuguese, English, French… but I lost my memory because I had a stroke.
Tom said: He walks a lot and it's good for his health.
I said: Yes, It's healthy. And you? Which languages can you speak?
John said: Ouh, I only speak english and a bit spanish.
We said: Good, it's fantastic. Are you on holiday in Galicia?
They said: Yes, When we finish the Camino, we'll stay two weeks there.
We said: Where are you staying now?
They said: We're staying in Rivadiso.
We said: In a hostel, hotel..?
They said: In a youth hostel.
I said: What are your jobs?
John said: I was an engineer.
Tom said: I had many jobs. I was a professional footballer, I was a bookmaker for horses and other jobs.
We said: It's great. Which parts of Spain have you visited?
They said: Barcelona, Gran Canarias, Santander, Bilbao, Oviedo, Vigo
I said: Which place did you like most?
They said: I like the north of Spain: Santillana del Mar, Altamira caves...
We said: Ok. Do you like Spanish food?
They said: Yes.
We said: What is your favourite dish?
John said: I like boquerones and octopus.
Tom said: I don't know, I like all. The food is very good.
Sandra said: I think that the food is better in the north of Spain that in the south.
They said: Yeah yeah.
We said: What do you like most about Spain?
They said: The girls.
( Everybody laughed)
We said: And what don't you like about Spain?
They said: The airport, because We go home.
Sandra said: I think that it's all.
They said: Oouh OK, It was good.
We said: Ouh thank you, thank you.

This trip has been a unique and unforgettable experience.

1 comment:

  1. I am pleased you really enjoyed it!! Have you got the oral interview with the two gentlemen?

    ReplyDelete